Why do you need to shock your spa?
Shocking a spa is done to destroy odors and eye irritating contaminates while boosting the effectiveness of your sanitizer (chlorine, bromine, or salt system). Sanitizers bind to bad things in your spa to destroy them and keep you safe. When you use oxidizer and “shock” your spa you break the sanitizer away from the bad stuff, allowing it to continue working without having to add more sanitizer to replace the amount that is bound to other things in your spa.
Signs your spa is overdue for using Freshwater MPS Oxidizer:
- If you are adding large amounts of sanitizer with it barely showing up on a test strip
- Odors such as the infamous chlorine smell from the water
- Noticing eye irritation when using the spa
How often do i use Freshwater MPS Oxidizer?
Oxidizer should be used weekly.
How do I use Freshwater MPS Oxidizer?
- Turn on the pumps in your spa
- Add four (4) tablespoons of MPS Shock per 250 gallons of water in your spa. You can find out how many gallons are in your spa from your owners manual.
- Let the pumps run for fifteen (15) minutes with the cover off. Do not add any other chemicals during this 15 minute time.
How much Freshwater MPS Oxidizer do I add? Per week